In the modern workplace, the requirement to interpret and analyze data has increased tremendously. Globally, many firms are depending upon the information that data scientists give. With the help of that data, they can drive the operations to large-scale processes.
If a person is looking for career opportunities in the field of data science then doing a data science certification will be a great way to enhance their skills and it is also helpful to stand out against the competition.
In this article, let’s understand which certifications of data science will help you to enhance your industry knowledge, gives you an edge, and also adds value to your career.
INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
The CAP provides the applicant to gain insights from big data but does not focus on any certain commercial platform. There are a few prerequisites to get a CAP certification. They are:
a)Three years of experience with master’s in the related field (or)
b)Five years of experience with a bachelor’s in the related field (or)
c)Seven years of experience if the applicant has any degree unrelated to analytics.
d)Must pass Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) exam before getting the CAP certification
The CAP certification is valid for three years.
Senior Data Scientist (SDS™) from Data Science Council of America (DASCA)
The SDS™ is designed mainly for senior Big Data Analysts and Engineers who are planning to shift to other Data Scientist roles. This data science certification is valid for five years and is divided into five tracks that require different levels of experience. They are:
Track — 1
· Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 2
· Master’s degree and at least four years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 3
· Bachelor’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least four years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 4
· Master’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least three years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 5
· If the candidate is already a certified professional either with Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA™) or Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE™) certification. Then they must have at least four years of experience after getting the SBDA™ or SBDE™ certification.
The complete test preparation kit will be given by DASCA. These can be availed in 183 countries. The duration is 100–minutes online examination, which is taken by DASCA.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
CCA Data Analyst certification mainly demonstrates the expertise in programming, analyzing, and administrating Cloudera Distributed Hadoop (CDH) cluster environment using Hive and Impala. Having the SQL developer skills will give the applicant to pull, model, analyze, manage and work with the data. This certification is best suitable for those who have just started their career in the field of data science. This certification is valid for two years. The duration is 120-minutes of online examination. The applicants will be examined on their understandings to analyze each question and give a technical solution to implement with a high degree of precision.
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
The MCSE in Data Management and Analytics demonstrates details on SQL database administration, leveraging Business Intelligence (BI) data, ML, and building enterprise-scale data solutions, in both cloud-based and on-premises environments. Once an individual receives an MCSE certificate, they will be eligible for jobs such as:
a)Business Intelligence Analyst
In the current job market, the demand for professional data science experts has increased immensely. Doing a certification program will help an individual to enhance their skills and also to be a valuable asset to an organization.