The Best Certifications to grab the Data Scientist jobs in 2022
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average annual salary of a data scientist is $100,560.
The big data industry is driven by continuous innovation. Data is booming as an essential asset as it is helpful for redefining core operations, business models, and understanding competencies, this resulted in the demand for data scientist certification.
Hiring the right talented candidates to fill the gaps is among the toughest aspect which many organizations are facing today. Data scientist jobs have increased immensely in various industries. Having a certification plays a prominent role as it enhances the skills of an individual, and also helps the organizations to fulfill the demand of certain job roles.
Let’s understand how the data scientist certifications are helpful for grabbing the data scientist jobs.
The best certifications for Data Scientists
- INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- Senior Data Scientist (SDS™) from DASCA
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- SAS certification
INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
The Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) offers the applicants to get insights from big data but does not focus on any specific commercial platform. There are a few prerequisites to get a CAP certification. They are:
- Three years of experience with master’s in the related field (or)
- Five years of experience with a bachelor’s in the related field (or)
- Seven years of experience if the candidate has any degree unrelated to analytics.
- Must pass Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) exam before gaining the CAP certification
The CAP certification is valid for three years.
Senior Data Scientist (SDS™) from DASCA
Data Science Council of America (DASCA) is a professional firm, which provides industry standards Senior Data Scientist Certification. DASCA certifications are specially meant to fit specific job roles, which include market researchers and software engineers. DASCA tests every single individual with the world’s most robust generic data science knowledge framework. DASCA certifications cover an end-to-end range of essential areas of knowledge.
The Data Scientists across 183 countries can register for SDS™ certification and study from the most advanced Big Data learning material ever, developed around the DASCA-EKF™. The SDS™ credential is perfect proof that an individual has taken a massive step in mastering the field of data science. The skills and knowledge one can attain by doing this certification will set them ahead of the competition and grab the data scientist jobs of their desire. This credential program has five tracks, which will appeal to various applicants — each track has different prerequisites in terms of degree level, work experience, and requirements to apply.
The SDS™ data science certificate is designed mainly for senior Big Data Analysts and Engineers who are planning to shift to other Data Scientist roles. The SDS™ data science certification is valid for five years. The SDS™ certification is divided into five tracks, which require different levels of experience. They are:
Track — 1
- bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 2
- master’s degree and at least four years of experience working in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 3
- bachelor’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least four years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 4
- master’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least three years of experience in data science computing or business analytics or business intelligence
Track — 5
- If the candidate is already a certified professional either with Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA™) or Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE™). Then they must have at least four years of experience after getting the SBDA™ or SBDE™ certification.
The complete test preparation kit will be given by DASCA. These can be availed in 183 countries. The duration is 100–minutes online examination, which is taken by DASCA.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
The IBM Data Science Professional Certificate is a certification program that covers the following:
- Data science methodology
- Data analysis
- Data visualization
- Open Source Tools
- Machine Learning
- Applied data science capstone
The program takes place online via Coursera with a flexible schedule and takes an average of 3-month to complete, but an applicant is free to take more or less time. The program offers hands-on projects to help develop a portfolio to showcase the data science talents to potential employers and makes them ready for data scientist jobs.
SAS gives multiple certifications to be data scientists that are highly focused on SAS products. One among them is SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9 gives registrants insights into Big Data with the help of a variety of open-source tools and SAS Data Management tools. They will be taking help from intricate Machine Learning (ML) models to develop business recommendations for deploying the models at scale with the help of a robust and flexible SAS environment. To get a SAS Certified Big Data Professional Using SAS 9 an individual should pass all five exams that consist of short-answer, interactive questions, and a mix of multiple-choice. These are the following five exams:
SAS Certified Big Data Professional:
- SAS Big Data Programming and Loading
- SAS Big Data Preparation, Statistics and Visual Exploration
SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional:
- SAS Advanced Predictive Modeling
- Predictive Modeling Using SAS Enterprise Miner 7, 13, or 14
- SAS Text Analytics, Time Series, Experimentation and Optimization
Originally Content Published here: https://www.theworldbeast.com/the-best-certifications-to-grab-the-data-scientist-jobs-in-2022.html