Top Data Science Certificates that boost your career
In the modern workplace, the need for analyzing and interpreting data has increased immensely. Globally, many firms are relying upon the information that data scientists give so that they can use that data and drive the operations to large-scale processes.
If an individual is seeking career opportunities in the field of data science then doing a data science certification will be a great way to develop one’s skills and also to stand out against the competition.
In this article, let’s understand which data science certifications will help you to enhance your industry knowledge and also adds value to your career.
Top data science certifications
· INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
· Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer
INFORMS Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
The Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) provides the candidate to get insights from big data but does not focus on any specific commercial platform. There are few prerequisites to get a CAP certification. They are:
· Three years of experience with master’s in the related field (or)
· Five years of experience with a bachelor’s in the related field (or)
· Seven years of experience if the candidate has any degree unrelated to analytics.
· Must pass Associate Certified Analytics Professional (aCAP) exam before gaining the CAP certification
The CAP certification is valid for three years.
Senior Data Scientist (SDS™) from Data Science Council of America (DASCA)
The SDS™ data science certificate is designed mainly for senior Big Data Analysts and Engineers who are planning to shift to other Data Scientist roles. The SDS™ certification is valid for five years. The SDS™ certification is divided into five tracks that need different levels of experience. They are:
Track — 1
· bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience working in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track — 2
· master’s degree and at least four years of experience working in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track — 3
· bachelor’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least four years of experience in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track — 4
· master’s degree from any of the DASCA-recognized Institutions and at least three years of experience in data science computing/ business analytics/ business intelligence
Track — 5
· If the candidate is already a certified professional either with Senior Big Data Analyst (SBDA™) or Senior Big Data Engineer (SBDE™). Then they must have at least four years of experience after getting the SBDA™ or SBDE™ certification.
The complete test preparation kit will be given by DASCA. These can be availed in 183 countries. The duration is 100–minutes online examination, which is taken by DASCA.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
The Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst certification focuses on the expertise in programming, analyzing, and administrating Cloudera’s CDH environment using Hive and Impala. Having the SQL developer skills will give the candidate to pull, model, analyze, manage and work with the data. This certification best fits those who are just beginning their career in the data science field. This certification is valid for two years. The duration is 120-minutes online exam; the candidates will be examined on their understandings to analyze every question and to implement with a high degree of precision the technical solution.
Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer
To get the Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP) Data Engineer, the candidate must first pass the Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst exam. The CCP Data Engineer data science certificate needs mastery in deep data engineering. This is a useful certification for data scientists who have abilities to develop and design production environments. The exam is four hours long and has five to ten performance-related series of customer issues that need to be solved using the pre-configured Cloudera Enterprise cluster. The candidate is required to earn a 70 percent or higher to pass the exam. The CCP credentials expire after three years.
IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
The IBM Data Science Professional Certificate is a nine-course certification, which covers the following:
· Data science methodology
· Data analysis
· Data visualization
· Open Source Tools
· Machine learning
· Applied data science capstone
In this program the course takes place online through Coursera and can be completed at one’s own pace, it has a very schedule and on average a candidate finishes it in three months. The course consists of hands-on projects that will help to build a portfolio to showcase the data science talents in your resume to potential employers. This certification is free of cost and does not expire.
Always choose a data science certification depending on the career level. Focus on certain aspects so that you can enhance your skills the right way. Certifications might seem expensive but they are always worth an investment.
Many organizations are looking for candidates and are also ready to pay more for those who have the right kind of skills and who will be a valuable asset to their business.